Duties and responsibilities
You don’t have to be expert about taxes.
THAT’S OUR JOB.
C and M is a team of professional and experienced tax specialists.
We will help you understand your obligations and their impact
on your international tax and wealth planning.
With our expertise, you can be confident that you have the best
plan in place.
Our duties include:
- Check data input or verify totals on forms prepared by others to detect errors in arithmetic, data entry, or procedures.
- Compute taxes owed or overpaid, using adding machines or personal computers, and complete entries on forms, following tax form instructions and tax tables.
- Interview clients to obtain additional information on taxable income and deductible expenses and allowances.
- Prepare or assist in preparing simple to complex tax returns for individuals or small businesses.
- Review financial records such as income statements and documentation of expenditures in order to determine forms needed to prepare tax returns.
- Use all appropriate adjustments, deductions, and credits to keep clients’ taxes to a minimum.
- Calculate form preparation fees according to return complexity and processing time required.
- Consult tax law handbooks or bulletins in order to determine procedures for preparation of atypical returns.
We also carry on with the following responsibilities:
Setting up meetings with clients.
- Advising clients about the tax preparation process.
- Preparing and submitting tax returns for clients.
- Handling communication from clients and tax authorities.
- Auditing all tax forms for completeness and accuracy.
- Providing future tax planning to clients.
- Securing repeat business and expanding the client base.
- Analyzing tax data submitted by the client to maximize the outcome for the client.
- Signing income tax returns on behalf of individual and business clients.